Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Oh How I Wish I Could Go! But ...

I have a caviar appetite and a beer budget!

Hello, gorgeous. At $750 a seat?
By Sarah Rodman, Globe Staff | June 13, 2006

When Barbra Streisand hits the TD Banknorth Garden (Boston, MA) on Oct. 22, the top ticket price of $752.50 will be the most ever for a seat available to the general public at the venue.

Previous record holders the Rolling Stones maxed out this year at a mere $450 a pop.

Though Streisand has suffered from stage fright, she says she's returning to the stage not to cash in, but to help save the planet.

``The increasingly urgent need for private citizen support to combat dangerous climate change, along with education and health issues, was the prime reason I decided to tour again," the singer stated in her blog. ``This will allow me to direct funds and awareness to causes that I care deeply about."

Which groups will benefit from the Funny Lady's philanthropy weren't announced, but she will distribute the funds through her Streisand Foundation.

Perhaps fans should look at it as a value. On her 2000 ``farewell" tour -- which only played New York and Los Angeles -- the top ticket was $1,500. Presumably some of those extra bucks will go to popera hunks Il Divo, who will open for Streisand on this tour.

Tickets, on sale Monday at 10 a.m., are $102.50, $202.50, $352.50, and $752.50 and available at the Garden box office, Ticketmaster outlets, by calling 617-931-2000, or online via www.tdbanknorthgarden.com. American Express cardholders have exclusive access to tickets until June 18 at 2 p.m.

© Copyright 2006 The New York Times Company

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:12:00 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Good LORD! Can you imagine paying $102.50 for NOSEBLEED seats??? I like Barbara, but NOBODY is worth those prices! That's crazy! (and I have major champagne taste too!)

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 6:14:00 PM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Tho I do love her singing abilities, I'm really not much on being a 'fan'...especially at those prices. (I'd want to tho if it were Rod Stewart for instance. roflmao)

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:37:00 AM, Blogger Chi said...

Expensive tickets...I'd have to pass on the concert too! *s*

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 2:41:00 PM, Blogger PJ said...

Oh, Man those are really high.
Even if I had that kind of disposable income I would still think twice!

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 4:18:00 AM, Blogger LibertyBelle said...

A 100 dollars for a ticket is normal price in London and here - and when you're up in the big numbers, that's usually because it goes to charity.
Sounds great, wish I could go too!
:)
Mem***************'ries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home