Friday, May 05, 2006

So Proud of My Niece


I am blessed to have nine nieces and nephews, all very special in their own way. I received a letter from one of them today as follows:

Dear Friends and Family,

On Saturday June 17, 2006 I will be participating in the Cure for Autism Walk. This walk is to help raise awareness and also to help find a cure for this puzzling disease. I'm doing this walk for personal reasons. My younger brother who's 19 is Autistic, he's also non-verbal. He was diagnosed with Autism at age 2 ½. He is a very special person in my life and I want to help find a cure for him and all the other children with Autism. Every 21 minutes another child is diagnosed with Autism. Race, ethnicity and cultural background are not factors in these statistics. More and more cases of Autism are appearing each year and with the help of awareness and money we can fund more research to pinpoint the cause of this disability. Donations are greatly appreciated and your generosity won't go un-noticed. If anyone would like to walk on my team or donate please let me know. Thank you.

I'm very proud of her for walking for her brother and my nephew!

4 Comments:

At Friday, May 05, 2006 7:27:00 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

That is ONE TERRIFIC sister!! And it's so heartwarming to read this. I too know what she's striving for, it's a long road and battle not only for family members, but the indidividual who 'knows they're different' but can't verbalize it and let the world know they're different yes--------but still human!!!

I updated my link to you from my blog just now!!

 
At Friday, May 05, 2006 7:51:00 AM, Blogger Moogie said...

That gave me goosebumps just to read it! What a wonderful girl. No wonder you are so proud!

 
At Friday, May 05, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Chi said...

I would be very proud of her too, Cin...it is easy to see what a caring person she is. *s*

 
At Friday, May 05, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Mike Barer said...

Thank you for the heads up on the new blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home